Monday, January 10, 2011

Carhartt V Dickies Auto

Bottarisàli! Parasites

In Sicilian blow re salts (literally "blow of salt") has at least a couple of meanings.
The first, now a bit 'transient, resulting from using the phrase as an exclamation. Indeed
"Botta re salts, and I sbattivu struppiavu!" means "Damn, I slammed and I hurt."

The other meaning, just much more raw, the next one comes dall'augurare fulminant illness. It therefore follows that those who had a sudden and fatal illness, was struck by a lightning hit re salts.
seems that the origin of the term is to be referred to the ancient custom of covering the remains of salt to allow a long journey.

In reality it is used with malice, and the term is now considered simply as a vaffa addressed to third parties. For example "blow re Iddu get on!" could easily mean "damn him." Why

everything you say?
Why, by reading this article , I could not help but exclaim:

but bottarisàli to Iddu not!?

What bothers me, though, is that some 'of malice m'è surfaced ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment